Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Due Date Approaching.......Film: In Editing; Please Check Back Later

Jaja! So, editing is harder than usual for this project. I have run into some complications but I am working on them to fix them. Meanwhile, the only actual item left to do is to film a 15 second clip that I decided to replace from the previous video, the one I am currently editing, at school. This tiny clip will make my film much more interesting, while at the same time it will change the whole direction of the film. 

So the films official, non-changing name is "Crushed Crush". I'm going to add a break in the introduction, a break that will make clear that the wrong phone number was give to the guy and that he is quite upset, before narrating and visually making a cliffhanger ending that should hook for the remainder of a the film. The next thing I have to do is to insert it and record the narration. Since I am recording the final last essential clip, I am hoping to finish editing the cuts and transitions by tonight so that I can add the voice over tomorrow. 

The one major thing that is a huge challenge for me is the filters. Since I am colorblind and have protanopia, the color blindness prevents me from fully seeing the way that the film looks to others. While the scene looks great and marvelous for me, when I ask for opinions, people either tell me it's too yellow or too blue. This small detail has me rather lost on what to do because having less than a week to pick a filter, I have to find the perfect lense to show my film which is rather impossible with my little eye tweak. 

As I get ready to finish the actual project, I am terrified of the final outcome and am super worried about the color but I am fully confident in the film that I have produced. I'll blog again as soon as any updates happen but thank you so much for reading this roller coaster so far!

-EC

No comments:

Post a Comment