Monday, April 3, 2017

Panick Attacks Are Good.......Right?

Plop. So, yesterday I had a grand time filming, and, once I got home, beginnning to edit. Today, I had an even more fantastic time freaking out and going through some scary palpitations! 

I was sitting in my study hall earlier this morning, contemplating about how the project was turning out, when, all of a sudden, my idea, the new idea that I had already filmed, became less of a fulfilled dream and more of a dreadful nightmare. I began to worry about the video not really expressing any pure technique that we had  learned to use throughout the year. I excused myself to the bathroom, but I didn't actually go. I paced around. One. Two. Three. Four. Finally, I calmed down. Well, technically, I calmed down after I decided to throw away the whole video previously recorded and decided that I wanted to record a whole new video. I also realized I would have to record that very same afternoon. 

What I wanted to was the following: A guy, Franco, and a girl, Lyla, meet, and, although they find each other attractive, the girl is shy and decided to walk away. The main male character, decides to follow her and to try and make a move. As he sits opposite from her, he smoothly slides over across the bench and puts his arm around her, asking her out on a date. Lyla, agreeing to go get a bite to eat with Franco, walks with him and they leave after what an implied date is. I got inspiration from the dance cover video for the song Chivalry is Dead. The name of the film will be, "Follow Me, Love" and the genre will still be a realistic fiction. 

Immediately, I felt immense guilt for Laerke, who had spent the previous afternoon filming with me for a video that would never be officially showed to anyone. After apologizing to her, I decided that I needed to find two people who would make a good pair to film with. With Laerke working that day and me feeling guilty enough already about wasting one afternoon, I had to find other actors to fill the role. I immediately thought of two friends who would potentially be amazing for the part. Morgan has a background in acting and modeling and she know my other friend, Nico, who the playful, friendly relationship that they have would provide for a fun atmosphere that would make an appealing film. 

I texted both of them and Nico immediately replied that he could, the only thing is that he would need a ride. Morgan, on the other hand, had to pull a few strings with her mom, but, after a couple of nerve-wrecking hours, the final reply was "Yes". Leaving school together, Morgan and I headed to her house to drop off her car and over to pick up Nico who had left school early due to having Junior privilege. From Nico's house, we headed straight to Weston Town Center. I had them act everything, and, although the playful atmosphere definitely made things interesting and made concentration a bit more difficult to maintain, the final product looked rather well. The cuts were very clean and the setting was perfect for a voice over. So after we finished filming and got something to eat, I drove them both home and then went home myself. Now, as I sit here about to begin editing, I bid you farewell and hope that you wish me good luck!
-EC


References:
DJIcon. "Ian Eastwood Choreography Feat. Megan Batoon | "Chivalry Is Dead" - Trevor Wesley." YouTube. YouTube, 11 Feb. 2015. Web. 07 Apr. 2017.<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZfR7qc0WVs&t=139s>

No comments:

Post a Comment