Friday, April 7, 2017

State of Mind: Sane......In-Sane

Yowza! This project is much bigger than anticipated by anyone. I am so thankful for everyone who has given feedback and hope that people like what I offer at the end of the blog. 

Since I last blogged, I have finished editing my video, the visual part and most of the auditory part at least. I finally figured out the perfect combination between color grading and the filters provided by iMovie. I detached the sound each video had and played a low loop of the natural background noises that I took from my first film set with Laerke. I also began to write the narration and what it will say. What I have come up with so far is this: 

"There are few things in life that you never truly forget. Moments or feelings that linger with you until your last breath.
Your first crush is something you never forget. They are something that draws you and defines you. Your first crush is unexplainable, unreasonable, yet, completely sane. The way they make you feel; how you need to be close to them yet too close is scary.
Still, no matter how scary it is, you can’t help but draw nearer, closer. Look for more, search for more. You build up the strength to do it and then you go up and talk to her. You’re smooth, you’re charming, you’re funny, your brave. And things seem to be going well.
You even got her phone number. But, when you call, “Tu tu tuit……the number you have called is no longer available. Goodbye!” the whole world stops."

I'm aligning the audio with the film as soon as I finish composing it, but my only problem is that I don't think I have enough narration yet. I am going to finish writing the narration tonight and I will blog throughout the weekend about my final touches and about beginning my director's commentary. As I head off to a night of long, fun work and dedication, I wish everyone else a different kind of fun. Goodnight! 

-EC

No comments:

Post a Comment